***This job has now been filled***
Welcome to the Korakonui District
This exceptional farm is seeking a new 50:50 Sharemilker for the 2023-24 season and beyond. The underrated district of Korakonui is home to many high performing dairy farms, so why not make this your home for many years to come.
This farm boasts fantastic infrastructure and contour with supportive farm owners who want to see the sharemilkers succeed and the overall business and all parties that encompass it.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about farming and harnessing the best out of each farm and herd they work with. Having exceptional animal husbandry and pasture management skills is fundamental to any New Zealand dairy farm and that doesn't stop here. Communication is paramount as the farm owners live off property but are actively involved with visits to the farm in conjunction with Regan who will begin consulting for the farm.
We welcome the interest of those sharemilkers who have a herd of high BW, PW Friesian or Kiwicross cows. The current sharemilkers are in their 6th season.
Accommodation - 3 houses on farm
- 5 bedroom homestead with double garage and workshop
- 3 bedroom house with double garage
- 2 bedroom cottage with double garage
- Farm size (Ha) - 173 (mostly flat with some rolling)
- Peak cows - 560-600
- On farm staff - 3.5
- 44 Bale internal rotary cowshed with protract and Waikato cup removers
- 120ha serviced with K line irrigation system
- In shed Molasses Feeding
- Feed pad with Green water flood wash. Fully lined 5000cu effluent pond with 2 stone traps, variable speed drive pump with flow meter.
- 90-110mm Effluent loop line with Hydrants with travelling cannon irrigator
- 600t Dry matter of Maize silage purchased from neighbouring property
- 340t PKE
- 60t Molasses
- 400 cows winter grazing for 4 weeks on a neighbouring property
- Seven bay calf rearing shed
- Three Bay Implement Shed
RECO is not formally recruiting for this position. All interest will be sent directly to the farm owners.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org